Thursday, April 11, 2013

ADOPTING FOR HIS GLORY AND OUR JOY

Well, here we are...starting a blog.  Something that kind of terrifies me.  Something I don't know much about.  Something else that God is having me do, so I can learn to rely on Him more and not myself. 
 
We are starting this blog mainly because in the last few months, God has shown us that our plans for ourselves are not His plans for us. 
 
 He has a bigger, better plan that we can't fully know or understand, something far beyond ourselves. 
 
Through a long process of trying for a third child, we have felt God pulling us toward adoption.  Adoption is something I have always loved, and felt I would do someday.  My wonderful husband, however, wasn't always so sure about it.  I remember talking about adoption as a teenager...I had watched a few people go through the process and felt drawn to it.  I remember talking to Eddy about adopting when we were first married.  Even after being blessed with two beautiful children, adoption was still something I thought about often.
 
 
 
 
I truly feel adoption is something God laid on my heart long ago.  And now he has laid it on my husband's heart as well!  We will be starting our home study classes in a little over a week.  I feel nervous...knowing that there is not a whole lot I know about the HUGE process of adoption, yet excited, because God has already shown us that it is where we need to be.
 
One reason for this blog is to keep friends and family updated as much as possible as we go through the process.  But another reason is to share how God works in our everyday lives...how he works in the smallest details of our lives...and to glorify Him because of it. 
 
A friend of mine sent me a message about adoption about a month ago.  I put it on my mental "to do list", knowing I wanted to listen to it at some point.  When we found out that our classes were soon starting, and decided to start a blog, I started trying to think of a blog name.  Eddy and I prayed about it, looked at  Bible verses and tried to come up with something catchy.  The only thing that kept coming to my mind was "His Glory, Our Joy."  I tend to over analyze and second guess myself, so I wasn't sold on the name.  I told Eddy about it and he loved it.  So we decided to go with it.  I made up a header for the blog (my lovely friend Katie did the rest, since I am clueless about such things.)  The next night, I remembered the message my friend had sent me and decided to listen to it.
 
One of the main points? Giving God glory and receiving joy because of it. 
 
I was working on editing pictures while listening and heard the phrase..."His Glory and our Joy."  I called Eddy out and told him to listen, and we both knew this was just a small blessing, a confirmation from Him.  He cares about these details.  And He wants to be glorified in them. 

He deserves all the glory.
  And we find joy in glorifying Him. 
 
 
 
 
{Please listen to it if you get a chance...it wasn't just a confirmation for us about our blog name, it is full of so much truth about God's relationship with us, and just the beauty in Him adopting us as sons and daughters.}
 
So, I hope you will stick around to hear about these little and big details that God is working on in our lives.  We would LOVE to have people praying for us...all of us...even the little one we don't yet know.  God knows our child.  And He loves them and knows exactly when we will know them as well.  We are praying that God will use the long process to prepare and transform our hearts.  To teach us and grow us.  To bring glory to Him.
 
 Until then, we will trust in HIS plans, HIS timing and HIS sovereignty.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. There are so many needing forever families. If I had it to do over, I would adopt my kids again. God bless you as you keep your hearts open to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to follow your journey of adoption!!! It's always in our minds/hearts as well. So proud of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kara! I remember you saying at some point that you and Andy have discussed adoption. It is exciting to think about what God might have in store for so many families! :)

      Delete
  3. thanks heather! I would love to meet you sometime as well and hear more about your adoption story! :)

    ReplyDelete